Action 10 News In Corpus Christi Question Assistant D.A. About Wrongly Dismissed Murder Case
Corpus Christi, TX – The “Flatline Conspiracy” documentary has made the rounds on social media and multiple blogs. Andy Liscano from Action 10 News heard the rumblings in the city and took notice of the heartbreaking documentary recently released about the murder of one of Corpus Christi’s notable hometown rappers.
They were notified about the ongoing petition which is currently at approximately 2000 signatures. Compound Films gave an interview about the new project and expected to air October 24, 2018. Action 10 News has decided to pick up the exclusive story and shine light on the mysterious circumstances highlighted in the documentary.
The documentary details the strange dismissal of a high profile case involving Jose Mendoza (Flatline) and a man that confronted Mendoza at a local fishing pier on a dark early morning. Jesse Wayne Taylor fired his weapon into Mendoza’s chest multiple times in a near pitch-black entrance hallway. The suspect was swiftly allowed to make a reduced bail and freely roam anywhere of his choosing. After 3 years of alleged investigative work, the family was brought in and informed that the case had been quietly dismissed.
The family objected to the decision but Assistant D.A. Matt Manning rebuttaled saying “The decision had already been made and was the best thing for the case.
Official Statement From Jose Mendoza’s Wife
“I can’t even begin to explain how disappointed we are in our justice system. The position we are in regarding the dismissal of the case regarding the death of my husband is baffling. We sat very quite and vulnerable because we thought that the DA’s office would seek justice and we were told repeatedly that they were doing everything possible to build a strong case.
Following his death for over 3 years the case was reset on the defense side, we sat in the courtroom with no resolution only to be told this was a good for our side so they could continue to investigate. After having the case for more than a year & a new DA being appointed still nothing had been done.
We met with the DA’s office on several occasions and still no witnesses were ever contacted regarding the statements that were made that night, no pictures of the pier were taken regarding the crime scene on there behalf, nothing was done! We asked if there was any reason at all they ever thought of dismissing the case to inform the family so we could discuss the matter, but this absolutely never happen.
When we discussed this with the assistant DA he said “This is what I thought was best to do and that’s the decision I made”. They seemed unphased dismissing my husband as a whole because it doesn’t affect them in any way, but it does affect us as a family.
I can’t give our children an answer as to why this individual did not face any consequences for what he did to their dad. All we ask is that they give a jury the opportunity to hear to case with all the evidence they have through time accumulated.
We have a petition online through Change.org and we would like the public to please sign it so we can pursue further action. Thank you behalf of our family, we stayed quiet for too long.”